Friday, October 14, 2016

Introducing: Sonja Virtanen, ISM Woodwind teacher





Where are you from and what instruments do you play?
I’m from Helsinki and I play the saxophone, flute, clarinet and recorder.

If you weren’t a musician what would you be doing?
That’s a tough one. I think I’d either be an English teacher or a midwife.

Where did you study?
I studied at Pop&Jazz Conservatory and Leeds University.

Who is your favourite musician/composer?
My favourite musician is the saxophonist Cannonball Adderley.

Do you have any secret/not-so-secret (unmusical) talents?
I’m good at weightlifting!

Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Pick and mix Amazon sweets.

Tea or coffee?
Coffee.

Cats or dogs?
Don’t make me choose!

Salad or Pizza?
Pizza, but just on special days.

What is your favourite country to visit?
Italy.

What is your favourite season?
Autumn.

What is your favourite food?
Spaghetti carbonara.

Do you have hobbies?
Books and working out, detective shows.

Do you have any pets? What are their names?
I haven’t got any pets, but I’d love a chow chow, he’d be called Yossarian, from Catch 22!


No comments:

Post a Comment