Friday, September 30, 2016

Introducing: Suzanne Halmagiu, ISH Coordinator



   
      
Where are you from and what instruments do you play?
I'm originally from South Africa. I play piano, flute, and a bit of guitar.

      Where did you study?

I did my Bachelors of Music in Pretoria, South Africa and then did my Masters in Music at the University of Jyväskylä.

Who is your favourite musician/composer?
Oh gosh, I have so many! But my favourite composer at the moment is a young Icelandic guy by the name of Olafur Arnalds. He writes the most haunting minimalist music.
  
Do you have any secret/not-so-secret (unmusical) talents?
No so secret, but I'm a published author of science fiction and fantasy books for young adults.

Do you have a guilty pleasure?

Anything involving peanut butter!

Tea or coffee?

Both – coffee in the morning, tea at night.

Do you have hobbies?

Climbing and hiking out in the countryside with my dog.

Do you have any pets? What are their names?

Yes, a shiba inu named Lego.

No comments:

Post a Comment